I'm so excited...we just booked our next vacation! I thought it'd be a while before we would be able to go away anywhere, but my cousin Christina (love you!) and her beau Carlos (love you too!) have decided to escape the cold Edmonton winter and get married in the beautiful mayan riviera next January. Kurt and I vacationed there last year, and we're thrilled to have an excuse to go back. It's also going to be a true holiday for us because my wonderful mom-in-law have offered to take Jaden for the week. As much as I would've loved for this to be our first family vacation, I am so grateful that we are able to make this arrangement. I think it would be a lot less stressful for the both of us to not have to travel so far with an almost 1 year old. This way I can also concentrate on helping C + C with the wedding as much as I can.
Needless to say, I offered up my design skills for the wedding invitations. C + C are a super cute couple that were looking for something a little less traditional, with a little bit of humor. Because of time constraints, I wasn't able to create an illustration for them from scratch. Luckily, I came upon a great portfolio by the talented Chihhang on iStockphoto, and was able to combine two of his illustrations into one (tweaking a few things of my own) to make a custom image that is a perfect depiction of the couple. Here is how the front of the invite turned out (I won't post the back here because of privacy reasons...it just says ...Join us in Mexico! and the usual wedding details). Congrats again you guys...I hope you're happy with how this turned out! Did I mention I'm so excited?








2 comments:
This is amazing Willa. So cute. And it even kind of looks like Christina and Carlos. If I ever get married I know who I'll go too.
- Jen
So cute! I love it. I think I have found this designer on iStock in my travels. I wish I could afford to have you help with my company's materials. You are SO GOOD.
Post a Comment