Since the baby, we haven't been able to go to the theatre for some time now. It's not as bad as it sounds. Time's flying by so fast these days that it doesn't seem to take very long before movies come out on blu-ray anyways (oh yes, we've become blu-ray snobs in this house), so for now I'll just sit tight and wait to watch Up, Paper Hearts, and the new Harry Potter on the small screen. Regardless, I still have a short-list of movies that I hope we'll be able to see by the time they are released. Here's my top 3...let me note that these are movies I want to see, and that I'd probably have to drag my husband to. He's rarely interested in anything that doesn't have fast cars, hot girls, robots, or Jason Statham.
1. Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. This one's coming out the latest out of the bunch, but it's one that I absolutely can't wait to see so I'm putting it on the top of my list. I'm dying just to see another trailer. I can't even imagine how amazing (and twisted) this could be...I mean, Tim Burton + Lewis Caroll (bonus plus Johnny Depp). All the visuals I've seen so far are stunning...can't wait!
2. Spike Jonze's Where the Wild Things Are. A couple of my favorite movies growing up were Labyrinth and The Princess Bride, so when I saw this trailer, it brought me back to when I was 8 years old. This just seem to have the tone of those classic adventure stories that takes place in a world of fantastic creatures. It'll also be interesting to see how they managed to turn a 40 page picture book into a full length movie.
3. Twilight: New Moon. Yes it's true...I'm on the Twilight bandwagon. And I promise it's not because of Robert Pattinson. I can't tell you how many times I've screamed comb your hair! at him over the tv. I'm just a sucker for that sort of "star-crossed forbidden love" story line. Paired with my hidden fascination with vampire culture, I was completely hooked on the books last summer. I probably won't make Kurt sit through this one though. It took a lot for him to watch the first one and hold his comments on the cheesy effects and bad acting 'till the end of it.







1 comments:
Robert Pattinson =) But I as well am excited for this movie. I didn't think I would be on the bandwagon but I watched the first movie than HAD to read the rest to find out what happens and than go back and read the first. Good read and the star crossed lovers thing always makes for good story.
Post a Comment