This moment with my dad

Next week is mine and Kurt's 2nd year anniversary. I started scrolling through our huge inventory of wedding images and came to this one of my dad and I during our dance that night. Thinking back, this is possibly one of my last memories of him before his health started to rapidly deteriorate and he eventually passed away from liver cancer, less than half a year after the wedding. It was probably the darkest, toughest time for my family and I...but life really does go on. So much has happened since. I'm so thankful to have Jaden come into our lives, as it was finding out about him that gave us all the strength to continue on during that time. I have so much to tell my son about his grampa. He was a kind, genuine, loving man who worked hard to give his family everything he thought they deserved. I love you, daddy...and I'll never stop missing you.

This was actually one of my first scrap pages. The text treatment was inspired by some of the works by Paislee Press, who I think have an incredible style and way of expressing moments on paper.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

archive

footer

Photobucket

coffee drip image

Photobucket